A free and open-source software project launched in 2011, PressForward enables teams of researchers to aggregate, filter, and disseminate relevant scholarship using the popular WordPress web publishing platform. Just about anything available on the open web is fair game: traditional journal articles, conference papers, white papers, reports, scholarly blogs, and digital projects.
PressForward is directed by Stephanie Westcott and Sean Takats. Our software development is led by Aram Zucker-Scharff and Boone B. Gorges. Graduate Research Assistants Amanda Regan, Joshua Catalano, and Laura Crossley currently provide support to the project.
PressForward is generously funded by the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation.
- Joan Fragaszy Troyano (Co-Director and Project Manager, 2011-2014)
- Dan Cohen (Co-Director, 2011-2013)
- Tom Scheinfeldt (Co-Director, 2011-2012)
- Lisa M. Rhody (Co-Director, 2014-2015)
- Lindsey Bestebreurtje
- Sasha Hoffman
- Amanda Morton
- Eric Olson
- Jeri Wieringa
- Ben Schneider
- Jordan Bratt
Initial Advisory Board (2011-2014)
- Adam Aston, science and industry journalist and former editor at BusinessWeek and The Economist
- Kathleen Fitzpatrick, Director of the Modern Language Association‘s Office of Scholarly Communication
- Peter Jerram, CEO, Public Library of Science (PLOS)
- Shana Kimball, Business Development Manager for Digital Initiatives, New York Public Library
- David Kirsch, Associate Professor of Management and Entrepreneurship, University of Maryland
- Alexis Madrigal, Senior Editor, The Atlantic
- Steve Wheatley, Vice President, American Council of Learned Societies